My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore, Singapore

Tagboard


[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Mousical


MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

Counter and Quotes

* Best viewed with FireFox at 1024 x 768.
 

Let Imagination take flight

"If we suspect that a man is lying, we should pretend to believe him; for then he becomes bold and assured, lies more vigorously, and is unmasked." Arthur Schopenhauer

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Favourite food



No doubt a favourite in seafood restaurants, chilli crab is made with hard shell crabs, and cooked in a thick gravy with a tomato chilli base. Chilli crab is celebrated as the official national dish in Singapore, and comes in many different forms, ranging from some that are packed fresh with spices like ginger, while others are ribboned with beaten egg. While the chilli crab sauce is sweet and savoury, some are served watery. However, that does not affect the taste one bit. All are meant to be attacked with gusto – and a nutcracker to tackle thick shells, plus a few slices of French bread or mantou (Chinese buns) to help you soak up every last drop of delicious sauce. Of course, the meat of the chilli crab is one of a kind, and is extremely tender. At the first bite, one might think of it as rather soft and silky. However, when you take consecutive bites, you will find it amazingly tasty, especially when topped with sauce. Furthermore, the chilli crab normally gives off an aroma which smells spicy and sweet at the same time.

Well, for me, I was first introduced to chilli crab when I was around the age of 6. Then, my dad enjoyed buying chilli crab home. However, as I was still young at that time, I could only eat steam crab. Like any other child, I was curious as to how the chilli crab actually tasted. Hence, I took a slight piece of it and ate it. Surprisingly, the meat was tender to a point and warm. When mixed with chilli, it gives me a sweet yet spicy taste. From that day on, I was hooked. Whenever possible, I and my family visit the Jumbo sea food restaurant to enjoy the sweet and spicy chilli crab.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home